Re: rear disc brakes on a Spitfire?

To: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>, Scions of Stanpart <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: rear disc brakes on a Spitfire?
From: larry hooven <dirty_howi@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 15:37:11 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: Scions of the Spitfire <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
say andy, didn't we go over this some time back (about 2 or 3 months
ago)...but the question i think revolved around how the parking brake
worked...hmmm...must have been in my corner during the whole
converstation...does anyone archive these things that can help...

larry

---Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov> wrote:

> Does anyone out there in Triumphland know of a kit (or anything
> approaching same, like a good parts list) for converting a 1979
Spitfire
> to rear disc brakes? I don't know of anything, but I thought someone
here
> might know of something available.
>
> Reply to me directly unless you think it's of interest to the
list(s),
> and I'll pass the information along to the person who was kind
enough to
> leave a message on my voice mail.
>
> TIA.
>
> --Andy
>
> * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
> * Andrew Mace, President and                *
> *   10/Herald/Vitesse (Sports 6) Consultant *
> * Vintage Triumph Register                  *
> * amace@unix2.nysed.gov                     *

==
larry, 1979 spitfire fm99248u awaiting more bits and pieces...
good thing it's been sunny...course with a convertible that
can also be a bad thing.....

on the web at http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/9311

the simple things are always the most difficult....the most