Re: TR3A

To: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, "Bungeroo" <Bungeroo@aol.com>
Subject: Re: TR3A
From: "Keith R. Stewart" <kstewart@wwdc.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 18:08:56 -0400
Hi Darin

Did this on a TR4A frame which is constructed basically the same...ie a 'U'
channel with a smaller "U" channel closing piece. There is no way to prime
the inside without actually cutting it open...a task you don't really want
to try unless dictated by repair panels!

After sandblasting, the frame was immediately epoxy painted and then
delivered to one of the undercoating firms (Ziebart in my case). With the
frame separated from the body and all suspension components, it could be
more easily undercoated on the inside of the frame through all the various
bolt and clip holes. The frame could be turned to any angle desired. After
sand blasting, lots of air was required to blow out the pockets of sand
that seemed to collect everywhere inside the frame. I wanted these out
before coating inside the frame.

Hope this helps.

Keith Stewart