Re: I got a new baby with new problems

To: Nikki MW1 <NikkiMW1@aol.com>
Subject: Re: I got a new baby with new problems
From: Doug Mitchell <dmitchel@ford.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 13:25:55 -0400
Cc: Spitfires@Autox.Team.Net, Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Nikki MW1 wrote:

> Hello Listers,
> I have just sold my 1980 Spitfire and bought a 1975 Spitfire.  Well this one
> has her own set of new problems for me to sort out and I thought that the list
> might be able to shed some light on them.  Well here goes.
> 1)  The oil light will stay on at all times (so does the brake light).

This one is fairly easy. Rebleed the brakes. The PDWA shuttle isn't
centered between the front and rear brakes. This causes the brake
and oil warning lights to come on.

> 2) The headlights don't work at all (tried switching the leads on the
> headlight switch) but still no headlights.

Without my manual available, I would guess that the infamous inline
fuse is blown. Although if the parking/side lights and the taillights
come on, I would think about checking the lights themselves. (Far
fetched, but on my '71 Torino both low beams were blown!)

> 3) Has no wiper switch ( if anyone has an extra and would like
>to sell let me know)

Check with TS Imported for a used switch. 1-800-543-6648.

> 4) Has factory hardtop which is only held on by two bolts in the back.
> Looking for attaching hardware for sides and front)

I don't know that there are any attaching bolts on the side of
the factory hardtop. The front should have a couple of bolts
poking through the header, and then the nuts come up from
underneath.

> TIA
> Nikki

Hope this helps,