Re: TR6 CA emissions requirements

Subject: Re: TR6 CA emissions requirements
Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 08:29:53 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

Because your TR6 is a 1976 model year,  you are , unfortunately, not exempt
from California smog check.  By law you are required to have all the
original smog equipment installed on your TR6.  I believe all TR6's
imported to the USA were California compliant.  What you have to look for
is how much has any DPO removed over the years.

Some smog components may be hard to come by.  I believe the EGR for 1974
models is not available as NOS or rebuilt.  Others on the list may know
more about the smog pump that I think is part of your pollution control

San Diego, Ca
1970 TR6 PI

Recently brought into California a TR6 from Arizona.  What does CA require
far as smog equipment?  Do the big 3 supply these parts?  Your help greatly
Joe - 76 TR6
Santa Monica, CA