Re: Cleaning Tape Advesive from New Luggage Rack

Subject: Re: Cleaning Tape Advesive from New Luggage Rack
From: larry hooven <dirty_howi@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 07:39:51 -0700 (PDT)

go to home depot, and purchase a small can of MEK,(methyl ethyl
keytone) takes adhesive right off, wear gloves and safety glasses this
stuff is especially not nice to skin...

---Tom Winslow <tom_winslow@email.msn.com> wrote:

> My luggage rack arrived today from my TR4A from Moss Motors. The
rack and
> brackets look good - but, three is a problem.
>
> Whoever pack the rack taped the brackets directly to the rack. UPS
left the
> rack in the hot sun today (until I got home). Now I cannot get the
adhesive
> off of the brackets and rack. Tonight I have tried: Nail Polish
remover,
> fantastic, soft scrub, goop, and just hard work. No luck. I cannot
get the
> adhesive off of the chrome.
>
> What should I try next?
>
> --
> Thomas P. Winslow (1966 TR4A IRS - CTC 57665L)
> 189 Hicks Creek Road, Troutman, NC  28166
> h704-528-5868 * f704-528-5868 * p704-878-1157
> E-Mail: winslow@vnet.net * tom_winslow@msn.com
> Iredell County GenWeb Home Page: http://www.iredell.com

==
larry, 1979 spitfire fm99248u awaiting more bits and pieces...

on the web at http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/9311  _NEW AND
IMPROVED_ FASTER PICCYS

No Plan Ever Survives The First Contact Intact.