TR6 Crank Extension Bolt

To: TR6 list <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR6 Crank Extension Bolt
From: Jim Davis <jhdavis@fiac.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 1998 00:36:45 -0400
List,
If your crankshaft extension bolt somehow loosens, even a wee bit, you
will notice that your fan seems to wobble a bit and on closer inspection
you will notice that your pulley and damper assy. has managed to wallow
around on the end of your crank, rendering not only the p & d assy.
useless, but also the crankshaft, extension and sleeve.
I torqued mine to 80 lbs. when rebuilding 4 years ago, which was
obviously not enough, especially with an a/c compressor tugging on the
extension via a belt from a pulley located just behind the fan.
Anyway, does anybody know the correct torque for the Crankshaft
Extension Bolt? Oh, and I WILL be using Locktight next time, promise!
Jim Davis
Fortson, GA
CF38690UO (crankless)
CF37325U