Re: Tubes?

To: "Andrew Mace" <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Subject: Re: Tubes?
From: "Sumner Weisman" <sweisman@gis.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 16:50:42 -0400
Cc: "Triumphs" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Andy,

Thanks for the correction.  I can't really recall whether tubeless tires
were available in the early 60's.   I was under the impression that they
weren't.   I'll stay with my tubes though, since the tubeless tires I have
on the car definitely lost air without them.  It may have been due to the
fact that the rims were a little rough.  Remember --  belt, suspenders, and
rope.  Redundancy is the watchword.  One less thing to worry about failing.

Sumner Weisman
62 TR-3B

----------
> From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
> To: JAMES_S_WALLACE@HP-Canada-om1.om.hp.com
> Cc: sweisman@gis.net; triumphs@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: Tubes?
> Date: Tuesday, June 16, 1998 10:09 AM
>
> Sumner wrote:
> >
> > "Those 1963 rims were never made for tubeless tires -- they used tubes
> > in those days....
>
> On Tue, 16 Jun 1998 JAMES_S_WALLACE@HP-Canada-om1.om.hp.com wrote:
>
> > ...What's different about these rims?...I really thought the world had
> > moved to tubeless already; am I in error about this?
>
> Tubeless tires indeed were quite common (perhaps nearly universal, but
I'm