Re: Monza on 74 TR6

To: Isaac Crow <isaac@avana.net>
Subject: Re: Monza on 74 TR6
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 1998 10:56:17 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Isaac Crow wrote:

> Does anyone know if these things meet normal noise standards? I just about
> got pulled over driving my Spit6 with Monza exhuast, but luckily, I made it
> to the next county over!!!

Isaac,
If you didn't get stopped, how do you know what it was that caught the
cop's attention?  Perhaps it was the awesome eye appeal of your car.  I
have often wondered the same thing in my Spit.  Cops look awefully
carefully at me when I go by, but often they just wave or give a
thumbs-up when I go by.  (Yeah I have Monza's on my Spit too)

I don't think they are louder than a lot of exhausts I have heard, just
mellower and more in keeping with the true sports car sound.

Joe

--

 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer