Re: Help - Clutch pedal/master/slavecylinder

To: MR DANIEL R CAREY <QAZX57A@prodigy.com>
Subject: Re: Help - Clutch pedal/master/slavecylinder
From: msecres@ibm.net
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 1998 15:54:12 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
MR DANIEL R CAREY wrote:

> Got my new (old) spit running......stomp on the clutch pedal......
> very little resistance......cant shift gears
>
> Any hints how to tell if its the master or the slave cylinder?  It s
> been setting 5 years in a barn.....any pointers appreciated....DAN

It could be either.  I'd start by siphoning out the old fluid from the
clutch m/c reservoir (w/a turkey baster), refill w/new, and then
liberally bleed the slave cylinder, pushing out the old stuff still left
in the line.  If you still disengage the clutch after that, and you've
bled the system correctly, then I'd start thinking about the m/c.

--
Martin Secrest
74 Spitfire