Windscreen replacement

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Windscreen replacement
From: Hector Agostini <agostinihp@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 14:56:58 -0700
Hi there,
        Can someone give me some tips on how to get a windscreen and
windscreen rubber on a Stag?  I have had a devil of a time.  I tied
the rubber (top and Bottom)thin string to keep the rubber on the screen
while trying to insert the whole thing in the aperture as outlined in
the manual.  I then put a thick cord where the rubber seals against
the windscrren aperture.  As i press down and pull the cord, the rubber
snaps back so the the seal closes off before the metal of the aperture
goes into the rubber slot.
        Any suggestions sould be greatly appreciated.
        Thanks         Hector