Re: I've got a new car !!!

To: Neil Sampson <neil.sampson@gecm.com>
Subject: Re: I've got a new car !!!
From: msecres@ibm.net
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 22:13:03 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Neil Sampson wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> Just a quick note to say thanks for all the really useful information everyone
> provided me for hints on what to look for when buying a GT6...Well, now I have
> managed to pick myself up a really, really nice GT6 mk3 (1974) from a chap in
> London.  The car was one of the last 40 ever made, and has been completely
> restored to top condition.  I've been driving it all over the place at the
> weekend, in an attempt to get used to the huge jump from Morris Minor (1098cc)
> to the huge 1998cc of the GT6.  It's very fast !  By the way, the car is a
> gorgeous bright red, and turns loads of heads.  It is also extremely low, and
> my girlfriend has agreed to hop out when we approach speed ramps & not get
> offended !  What a lucky chap I am !
>
> Just thought I'd let you all know !
>
> neil (dead happy to be owning sucha top car)
>
> PS - does this mean I can put my car at the bottom of every message?
>
> GT6 mk3 (1973/74 ish!)

Neil:

Not only may you put your car at the bottom of every page, it's actually
a requirement on this list.  We just let those that don't do so slip by
with their humility.

I believe the last GT6 was built in November of '73.  Check the driver's
side door jamb for your build date.  My bad boy was bolted together in
8/73, and yeah, it's low ... but it ain't slow.  I usually blow right by
those Geo Metros.

--
Martin Secrest
73 GT6 (just obeying rules)