Joe's doors and more

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Joe's doors and more
From: peb3@cornell.edu (Philip E. Barnes)
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 09:15:11 -0400
When I said we had found some doors for Joe, I was right, but I didn't tell
the whole story. At the Westwood show, there was an early Spitfire that had
been "customized" in Florida. The car was for sale (asking $7500), so
strictly speaking, so were the doors. The car was certainly unique. It had
a custom hood and nose, chrome side-pipes, dual Frenched electric radio
antennae in the rear fender, custom fiberglass deck with big spoiler and
Frenched tail-lamps and a full tool kit with wrenches individually mounted
in the trunk. It was not immediately recognizable as a Spitfire. The work
on all this embellishment was first-rate, but we all wondered why someone
would have gone to the trouble. It was orange.

The dancing girls? There was some sort of "women's aerobic health" group
there doing a demonstration of aerobic exercises.

On the verge of the show someone had parked a new Ferrari. It was utterly
ignored; not a soul around it.

Phil Barnes (peb3@cornell.edu)
'71 TR6  CC61193L (21 year owner)

There is absolutely no substitute for a genuine lack of preparation.