RE: stuck spline

To: "'Edward Hamilton'" <hamilton@ptd.net>, "'jonesj1@erols.com'" <jonesj1@erols.com>, "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: stuck spline
From: "Taylor, Keith M." <taylor@ex.cv.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 18:34:34 -0700
Thanks for the replies so far on my driveshaft removal problem.

It's clear I wasn't clear enough. My problem is getting a wrench solidly on the
nut on the transmission side of the driveshaft flange. There's a curved notch in
the rear-most transmission/OD mount that I assumed is for the shaft of a wrench.
However, I have trouble getting the wrench flush with the face of the
transmission side of the flange. I'm having more success as rounding off the nut
than I am at loosening it. I also tried working a socket on an extension around
the mount, but it's too crooked to hold onto the nut. Additional suggestions are
welcome.

Also, any theories on why the driveshaft spline doesn't slide?

Thanks,
Keith Taylor
75 TR6