Re: helpSmoke under th ehood of my spit 1980

To: MR DANIEL R CAREY <QAZX57A@prodigy.com>
Subject: Re: helpSmoke under th ehood of my spit 1980
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 1998 21:14:09 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Thu, 2 Jul 1998, MR DANIEL R CAREY wrote:

> after about 2 minutes running smoke from the exhaust manifold/egr
> area..stnks
> appears the manifold is super hot
> so is the egr frame

You've got oil on the manifold.  Check everything anyway, but I suspect it
will take a few runs to get it all burned off.

...the cooling system doesn't usually cool the exhaust manifold... it's
too hot and would boil the coolant.  Hence the reasons for not
over-torquing the manifold bolts; it has to expand due to heat.

-Malcolm