Voltage/Reg.

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Voltage/Reg.
From: Kramer <ebk@buffnet.net>
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 1998 07:33:17 -0400
John, I had the same problem as you. I had the Gen. checked out at a
spectialy store [Gen, & Starter - ONLY]. The gen. checked out to be OK. I
went home & installed it, then I followed the manual [Bentley's, & Ball's].
I agree with Dan's advice in the statment that the Voltage Reg. / Cut off is
difficualt to work on. After a period of a week, work on it -[getting
frustrated & walk away & go back...]. I then took the Gen. & Voltage/Reg.
out of my TR4/A took it over to the same store & asked if they could check
out the system, FIND the problem, & FIX it if possibale. I never told them
that they had already checked the Gen.  The next day I called for the results.
I was thinking the worst [Gen. & Reg. burned out because of someone
messing with the system] & hopping for the best. Results: The ponits
needed to be cleaned BETTER THAN WHAT I DID & slight adjustment. COST =
$15.00. I love it. You can't take a new car's electrical charging system out
in 2 peices & have it checked out & fixed within 20hr. -Cosmo Kramer