TRF CAR Heads?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TRF CAR Heads?
From: Triumph_TR4@ridgecrest.ca.us (Darrell Leach)
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 1998 20:56:50 -0700
Posted-date: Fri, 3 Jul 1998 20:50:46 -0700 (PDT)
Well its time.

It looks like I burned a valve the other day, and the motor had low
compression anyway, so I'm in for a rebuild.

I started looking at parts today and I noticed that for just a little
more than the parts will cost TRF sells a complete rebuilt head with
hardened valve seats and valves.  Has anyone used one of these?  Are
they any good?  Or should I just get the parts and do it myself?

Also, is there any advantage to using a later head vice an early one?

And, finally, has anyone dealt with British Parts N.W.?  Are they
any good?  Timely?  ETC.?

Thanks,

Darrell Leach,   KD6LRC   DM-15,   Ridgecrest, Ca
  email: Triumph_TR4@ridgecrest.ca.us
         http://www.ridgecrest.ca.us/~token/PAGE1.html
1962 TR-4 (CT5368LO)  Everyday
1962 TR-4 (CT13108L)
1965 Spitfire Mk 2
1967 Spitfire Mk 3   In work, lots of 1500 stuff
Keeper of the TR-4 List, Version 2.0 availible.