Re: VTR -- How do I join?

To: Scions of Stanpart <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, Scions of the Spitfire <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: VTR -- How do I join?
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 1998 15:41:05 -0400 ()
days, I'd like to clarify the procedure as it currently stands.

Basically, ALL mail for The Vintage Triumph Register goes to our Dearborn,
MI, address -- a general "mail drop." From there, it is redirected and/or
sorted every couple of weeks and redistributed as appropriate: to the
Membership Secretary in IL; the Treasurer in TN; the President in NY; the
PR Manager in NJ; Chapter Coordinators in NY, FL, IL, OK, WA and CA;
Editors in NJ, NH; Vehicle Consultants all across the US; etc., etc.

Therefore, any given piece of mail sent to VTR could take a up to four
weeks to get to its ultimate destination. From that point, one of our
all-volunteer staff (I must emphasize this -- we are all volunteers, not
paid staff) does his or her best to process mail received in a timely
fashion. So a miniumum of five-six weeks before a response is sent or a
membership processed is not at all unlikely.

Generally, the system has worked quite well over the years. Problems do
occur, though, with any system of mail distribution. We'll see what we can
do to improve the system. Meanwhile, please don't hesitate to contact me
or anyone else connected with VTR if you are having problems.

--Andy

p.s. There was a bit of a slip-up a couple of weeks ago (fill-in staff),
where membership applications and renewals were shipped to me. I don't
remember offhand if your name was in the batch of applications; it might
have been.