Re: What's in a Name<35A27521.695F3849@gte.net>

To: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Subject: Re: What's in a Name<35A27521.695F3849@gte.net>
From: RICHARD.JACKSON@NENE.AC.UK
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 1998 08:55:43 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: Spitfire Mail List <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>, Triumphs Mail List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, RICHARD.JACKSON@NENE.AC.UK
>With regard to naming ones car, which seems to be very popular among
>Triumph owners, I have given the subject much thought and have arrived
>at a name for my Spitfire.

I simply call my Spit 'Hump', Why??  It's reg number is UMP 498M!! :-)

Bad luck last night to any Dutch members after being beaten by Brazil, but
thanks for knocking the Argies out for us!!! :-)

>I had earlier been thinking of naming him Winnie (Winston Churchill),
>but Leon Guyot didn't think much of that idea.  Apparently Leon has
>little regard for politicians, especially drunken ones who are not
>opposed to speaking their minds.

Surely a politician who speaks his mind regardless of his opinions is better
than a lying sod!!! :-)

Cheerio

Rich

ps, I greased my rear wheel bearings on Monday, now I have a squeak coming from
the rear o/s wheel, me thinks a bearing could be on the way out!!! :-(  More
bloody hassle I suppose.  I ampondering once more the idea of getting something
with a bit more poke and thought about a GT6, any UK members got any figures
regarding mpg that I could expect outta one of these as I do quite a few miles
and get a crap wage, so if there are too thirsty then they are off the list!!
:-)  as it would be a daily car.  Cheers