Re: TR6 Radio Cutout

To: Trevor Jordan <tjordan@pa.ausom.net.au>
Subject: Re: TR6 Radio Cutout
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 21:54:01 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Sat, 11 Jul 1998, Trevor Jordan wrote:

> I intend to replace the radio in my TR6.  The existing radio has knobs at
> about 13 cm centres, the potential replacement has knobs at about 15 cm
> centres.  I would like to avoid pulling the radio out just to check that
> the new radio would fit.  Does anyone have the dimensions of the radio
> cutout?

Check to see if your potential replacement has floating knobs-- the kind
that can be moved back and forth to adjust for width.

Clues are ovalled holes for the knob stakes, and some means of locking
them.  One one radio I had you had to back off the nuts and lift out a
locking device (similar to the device that holds your bike tires on),
slide the knob to a new position, seat the device in the proper holes, and
tighten the nuts.

If you're buying a new radio, the instruction manual should say whether
you can do this or not.

-Malcolm