Squeak

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Squeak
From: "Sumner Weisman" <sweisman@gis.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 09:21:21 -0400
I have an annoying squeak in the steering wheel.  I pulled out the large
rubber plug and filled the steering gearbox with oil.  It's still there.
There is another smaller rubber plug higher up on the steering post, that
doesn't want to come out.  Is this the one that was discussed a couple of
weeks ago where you temporarily screw in a grease fitting from underneath
the car?

Is there any way to oil or grease the steering wheel area, near the top of
the steering post, without taking it apart?  It has the adjustable steering
wheel option.  At least some of the noise is coming from that area.

Sumner Weisman
62 TR-3B