Re: TR6 gearbox problems/ Heart of Bucks

To: suhring@lancnews.infi.net
Subject: Re: TR6 gearbox problems/ Heart of Bucks
From: stu.jo@ibm.net
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 10:17:11 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
scott suhring wrote:

> Stu:
>
> Congtrats on the 1st place and sorry to hear about the
> trani problem (I'll leave responses to the experts on this
> one).
>
> Some members from the club are interested in hearing about
> the show since no one has ever attended. Could you send me
> a bit more overview about the show?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Scott Suhring
> Elizabethtown, PA
> '70 TR6

Scott, Heart of Bucks is put on by the Jaycees. Judging is done by guys
from the DVT club. I was one of two judges for the Tr2-4 class. We have
a standard form which evaluates paint, chrome, interior, engine compt,
trunk, wheels, top, etc. Points are deducted for non stock items, like
my monza exhaust, chrome air cleaner etc, as well as obvious paint
defects, rust, etc. A much fairer way than the "popular vote" usually
won by a guy with a $3000 paint job with a closed hood concealing a
rusty oily mess.
New Hope is similar.We had about twenty triumphs yesterday.The show goes
two days, also includes American Cars. Didn't hurt to get my plaque from
"Miss Heart of Bucks" either.
Stu