TR6 Restoration Progress - Interior

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 Restoration Progress - Interior
From: dstauffa@csc.com
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 15:54:26 -0700
For the past several weeks I have been have fun putting my TR6 back
together.  I'm no longer in the disassembly and repair mode!  Once I got
the body back on the frame, the progress has been smooth and steady.
Sometimes when looking at the car, it's hard to easily see how much has
been installed.  But when I turn around and look at all the empty shelves
that once contained TR6 parts, I know progress has been made!

Recommendations:

Before installing the new wiring harness, I decided to apply that aluminum
foil insulation all over the driver/passenger compartment.  It's your basic
cut and paste effort.  I used a 3M high temp glue that came in a spray can.
Goes on easy and has tremendous bonding properties.  I made little cut-outs
for the various electrical/hose/controls holes in the firewall.  Once the
insulation was installed, I just bolted up the pedal box and pop-rivieted
the carpet snaps and fuel/clutch holddowns right through the stuff.  I will
insulate the underside of the tranny cover with the stuff.  I plan on
installing the carpets directly over this stuff.

Thanks for your time.

Dave,
San Diego, Ca
1970 TR6 PI CP51649