Re: Oil light (also PDWA)

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, bills@pagesz.net
Subject: Re: Oil light (also PDWA)
From: Lex Garey <LGarey@mail.dot.state.nc.us>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 11:49:25 -0400
Since the subject of wiring for the brake and oil warning
lights has been mentioned, I thought this might be a good
time for me to ask about the wiring diagram on page 86.00.02
in the Repair Operation Manual, which I believe is the same
as that on page 235 of the Haynes manual supplement (in some
editions).
According to this diagram, the oil light will only light if
both the brake line failure switch AND the oil pressure
switch are closed, which obviously doesn't make sense.  Am I
correct to assume this is wrong?
I also only have one wire going to my brake line failure
switch (PDWA).  I've seen other cars like this also.  Can it
work like this?  Thanks.
  -Lex Garey, Shelby, NC,  '74 TR6