Re: Spitfire horsepower<35AD92E1.2850@bellsouth.net>

To: John Summers <trumpet@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: Spitfire horsepower<35AD92E1.2850@bellsouth.net>
From: RICHARD.JACKSON@NENE.AC.UK
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 09:02:47 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, RICHARD.JACKSON@NENE.AC.UK

>Two qustions:  78 Spitfire  horsepower.  Is it 57 or 81 or something
>else.

I'd seriously doubt it's 81, as even our UK spec one's only had 71, so it's
probably more like 57.

I had a hard time keeping up with an old VW Superbeetle entering
>the interstate the other night.

I have the same problem in my knackered 73 1300 MkIV, usually I get beat by
mountain bikes down hill though!!! :-)

>How much horsepower could I reasonably
>expect to gain for $500.00 to $1000.00 Reliability also.

Hmmmmmm, being used to pound notes not $'s I'll pass on that, but I assume you
can get a pretty decent power hike by fitting twin HS4's, if you can get 'em
over there, also try fitting a Mk3 spec cam should help matters.

Question #4,
>would I be REALLY crazy to drive from Florida to southern Ohio in my
>Spitfire & how much trouble would I have pulling the mountains in NC
>Virginia & W. Virginia.

Hmmmm, well I took my to Holland 3 times so I see no trouble with your journey,
although granted, Holland doesn't have many mountains!!!! :-)  Although the
boarding ramp onto the ferry was bloody steep!! :-)

#5  Am I NUTS?

Aren't we all!!!!

Cheers

Rich