Re: Won't start in the morning

To: keithmcgahan@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Won't start in the morning
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 16:52:44 EDT
Cc: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

>  I thought that I had fix the starting problem from I had a few weeks
>  ago, but now I have a new starting problem.  In the morning when I go to
>  start the car, the engine will turn over but it won't start up. In the
>  evening when I go to start the car it starts right up.  I believe that I
>  have checked all the wires, plugs ect. Does any one have any
>  suggestions.

Keith, had the same problem years ago with another car.  The humidity was very
high in the AM at my location.  My distributor cap was not sealing properly
and water was condensing inside the cap during the cool night.  This
condensation increased the electrical resistance between the rotor and the
outer contacts in the cap. By evening the rise in temperature had allowed the
moisture, which had condensed inside the distributor, to evaporate.  The car
would then start OK.

Try using a paper towel to dry out the inside of the distrbutor cap.  If the
car starts you have identified the problem.  Then you probably need a new cap
and rotor.  Please let us know what you find.  Cheers.

Art Kelly