Help Removing Door Handle/Lock from TR3

Subject: Help Removing Door Handle/Lock from TR3
From: "David Moag" <moag@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 20:56:10 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Hi Listers,

I've been trying to remove everything from the doors of my TR3B in
preparation for stripping and painting. Almost everything came off nicely,
except... I can't get the door handles off. The lever attachment came off
fine, but what is left is just the handle on the outside (with mounting
screws removed) and the shaft that comes in. The problem is the shaft ends
with a piece that has a triangular flange that comes off of it. I can't pull
the handle out since the hole it has to go through is round and the flange
can't possibly fit through it. I can also not see a way to remove this
little flange piece, other than resorting to brute force, which I am very
reluctant to do for fear of denting the door itself (or at the very least
the thin metal piece that this mounts in).

I don't know if this description was very clear, but if it rings a bell for
anyone who has been there, I'd sure appreciate any advice you may have.

Thanks,

Dave Moag
77 Spitfire
62 TR3B