British Geezers

To: "List, Tiumphs" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: British Geezers
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 1998 21:20:18 +0100
Geezers are everywhere - and UK Geezers seem to favour Jeep Cherokees. I
was sandwiched a week ago between a Cherokee and Renault's truck of the
year towing a flatbed trailer. On top of the flat bed was an electrical
transformer looking like an apartment block. To the left was a line of
standing traffic waiting to come off at an intersection for a Showground,
the Geezer, me and the transformer in the next lane, with a Jaguar, Ferrari
and a Porsche 911 having fun in the fast lane and getting very close.
All of a sudden, the geezer decides he wants to join the queue of standing
traffic - and can't. This doesn't stop him from piling on the anchors and
me doing the same. The 'transformer' does the same (except the air brakes
were working so hard they didn't have time to draw breath) and so yours
truly plunges into the fast lane to join the Jaguar, Ferrari and 911, but
only just in front of them. I guess their speed was a good 50 mph more than
me, so I was a geezer too in their eyes.
Weren't no option - but I must say the way their drivers handled them was
impressive!
Oh yes, I nearly forgot. The 'transformer' hit the Cherokee - big time and
a chunk of something hit the 911. The 'boys in blue' were quick on the
scene in the big dayglo yellow and blue OVLOV, particulars were taken and
the case comes up in Court in 3 weeks.

John Mac

"Life at Triumph" in print - unique pictures and lots more. See info at
http://www.toolbox.ndirect.co.uk/triumphbook
ORDER LINE STAYS OPEN UNTIL SEPTEMBER 30, 1998.
You can order your book through:

CANADA   Bri. Col. Triumph Registry:        michael_bayrock@bctransit.com
NEW ZEALAND   Ashley Southgate:         ashleys@es.co.nz
UK   THE AUTHOR:                                 jonmac@ndirect.co.uk
UK  Triumph 2000 2500 2.5PI Register:      t2000@compuserve.com
UK  Triumph Sports Six Club:                   bernard@tssc-hq.demon.co.uk
USA   Vintage Triumph Register:               HHUMM53@aol.com
The book will NOT be available from shops - only from the Author and Agents