Re: Green Country Triumphs at Hudson!

To: rgb@exact.com
Subject: Re: Green Country Triumphs at Hudson!
From: TRDOCTOR@aol.com
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 23:14:10 EDT
Cc: lamsims@email.msn.com, David.Hamilton@ln.ssw.abbott.com, DFriedman6@aol.com, continen@gnofn.org, hoefling@ix.netcom.com (Larry Hoefling), tr6@webzone.net, JLZ69TR6@aol.com, noddyp@aol.com (Norman D. Price), Tr6java006@aol.com (Sharon Parker), PAsail28@aol.com, rgs03@health.state.ny.us, tim@sapulpapool.com (Tim Rokisky), triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, vtr@Autox.Team.Net
In a message dated 7/20/1998 9:30:25 PM Central Daylight Time, rgb@exact.com
writes:

> Knew there would be someone to ask questions of!!!
>
>  I am building CC83924UO, this might be simple, but I'm using
>  a car that was purchased in boxes...   Added a new tub, floor pans,
>  trunk floor, rear deck thing and 4 fenders.  Oh yeah, and a frame
>  from Joe Alexander in Iowa...
>
>  Well you get the picture, this is mission impossible, anyhow some
>  of the books don't match my car's parts...

  Good to hear from you, Roger.  I can't imagine the books not matching the
parts. . . never happened to me!

>1.  does the alternator (Delco) have 2 large wires in the black connector?
 >   My other early cars have a separate black wire to the coil mount
  >  point for a ground.   This car came with no wire...   The Delco get
   > ground from the atmosphere?

What kind of graphic files can you open?  I have Kodak digital camera and can
send you the pictures via e-mail, as my car also has a Delco alternator.

>2.  connector block, the little plastic thingee between the fuse box and
>    hazard flasher on the left fender well.  Book says CC75000 onward
>    does not have this, but it seems the old tub did...?  Yet I see
>    no extra wires?
I can try to send you that with the alternator shots.

>>You have CC82030UO, it should be really close to this car in features.
I have retractor seat belts, but no metal leveler device like the
later cars and the retractor has dual springs...   I also see NO
seat belt holder things on the side of the seat, these clips are
present on my '73.<<

I also have the retractor (inertia-reel) seat belts and they are made by
Kangol.  I don't know what you mean by the "metal leveler device" and "the
retractor has dual springs".  As far as the seat belt holder clips, if you
peel back the carpet at the inner sill you will probably find two holes that
are drilled there and they accept sheet metal screws.  One more thing, my car
does not have the flip up vent.  It has the grill of the '73 model.  Yours
should have the same because I have found that the later '72's had the grill.

Sam Clark
VTR South Central Regional Coordinator
TS45355L O
CC82030U O