carb problems

To: <CarlSereda@aol.com>
Subject: carb problems
From: "Sumner Weisman" <sweisman@gis.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 1998 09:26:13 -0400
Cc: "Triumphs" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Carl,

That seems to be the consensus from several people.  I'm going to get them
rebushed this winter, and also rebuild them because they need it.  New
jets, needles, gaskets, etc.  Thanks.

Sumner Weisman
62 TR-3B

Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 06:07:34 EDT
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Subject: carb probs

<<Frequently, when I take my foot off the gas pedal, it hangs up at about
1100  -- 1200 rpm.  If I gun it, the idle speed will come back down.>>

just read somewhere that worn butterflies/shafts can cause that
problem...may
want to ream holes and put oversize shafts from moss or vict brit
in...(read
Moss carb article first in latest catalog) before totally rebuilding carbs.
Carl
'64 TR4
'63 122S