[no subject]

To: lee.k.janssen@lmco.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
From: andertonm@juno.com (Mark r. Anderton)
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 1998 09:33:25 -0400
>Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 04:40:41 -0600
>From: "Janssen, Lee K" <lee.k.janssen@lmco.com>
>Subject: TR6 tubular push rods>

>I need to cut down the length of the tubular push rods that I purchased
from
>TRF. My question is what is the best method of removing one of the ends
so I
>can make the cut?
>Thanks much for the help
>lee janssen
>lee.k.janssen@lmco.com

I struggled with this problem when I had the head shaved on my TR6 to get
10:1 compression.  I finally ended up making some aluminum shims to go
under the "pylons" that hold the rocker arm shaft.  They were about 1/8"
thick and did the trick just fine.  I guess purists would say I have
changed the valve train geometry, but the shims have been in the car for
close to ten years with no problem.  The tubular pushrods I got were
slightly larger in diameter than stock, and they interfered with some
rough edges on the block casting at some points along their length.  You
might want to look for that.

Good luck,

Mark Anderton
www.angelfire.com/va/manderton