TR6 commission number - identification help... :)

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 commission number - identification help... :)
From: "Michael Noerregaard" <m_noerregaard@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 1998 04:15:26 PDT
First of all - I am looking for some information on the identification
of the TR6. I understand there is a commision number (= the one the
title), a body-number (placed just right of the battery, an engine
number, a gearbox number and a differential number - and that none of
these numbers necessarily are expected to match, right?

Regarding the commision  number - is the only location on the front
right wheel arch (commission plate) - or for some versions on the
B-post? Is the number no-where else to be found on the car (i.e. stamped
into the body or frame)?

When ordering a new commision plate, can you get the numbers stamped in
at e.g. MOSS or Rimmer - or do you have to do it yourself?

Can you also get new body-number plates?

Secondly, I finally picked up my latest purchase, the TR6 PI, that --
together with my TR6 US model - will form the basis for one mean-lean
car to be hitting the streets in early spring. The PI-car started right
up (almost) after sitting for two years!!!! And what torque compared to
the 1974 US carb version - can't wait to get the PI engine in my US car.

Thanks,

Michael
'71 TR6 PI - where engine and frame will be used in this:
'74 TR6 US-version. (this engine maybe going  into a Spit....)
-> will be hitting the street in British Racing Green in April......