crane ignition installation help

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: crane ignition installation help
From: "Ryan Smith" <shmitty99@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 13:20:43 PDT
Listers: If you got this on the spit list please ignore.

I'm trying to hook up the crane ignition system in my 72 spitfire.  I
took it all apart over the weekend but I wasn't sure if I needed to
remove the post the points rotate on (not the cam!)and which optic disc
to use.  Basically I'd like some step by step triumph specific
instructions on installation and tuning.  Oh and I'm going to install a
lucus sport coil so some info on how to bypass the ballast resistor
would also be helpful.

I'm sure this request has come up before and perhaps its documented on
the web somewhere.  At any rate all assistance is welcome.

Ryan Smith
Mechanical Engineering, VPI&SU
Emerald Green, 72 Spitfire