TR4 or TR6 wheels?

To: The Usual Suspects <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR4 or TR6 wheels?
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 21:30:26 -0700 (PDT)
This here's FAQ material, if one ever materializes...

I have a TR4.  It has (stock) 4" wide wheels.  One is dented, another
(spare) is quite rusty.

I understand that TR6 wheels are 5.5" wide.  Will they fit my car without
interfering with anything?  If they do interfere, is there anything I can
do to make 'em fit?

How much should I expect to pay for a set (4) of used but serviceable TR6
wheels?

What size tires, on TR6 rims, will have the same rolling diameter as
165-15s? (in modern spec, please ;-))

Datsun 240/260/280zx wheels are rumoured to fit TR hubs if the center is
machined.  Now, I don't want to do that to a steel wheel- what if I find a
Z car with a nice set of mags on it?  (unlikely)  Can a machine / wheel
shop bore out the center?  Or will they just bolt on?  (am I misled?  I
know that Z drums will fit TR brakes if they're bored out)

I tried to look this stuff up on the VTR website but it was being ornery
and wouldn't return my calls.

-Malcolm
'62 TR4 (needs new shoes)