Re: Electric fan on a TR6

To: mxgo@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: Electric fan on a TR6
From: triumph@shiseis.com (Shane F. Ingate)
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 98 15:06:57 PDT
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Martin wrote:
        > ...did you not have to remove the "crank extension"

Duh, woop!  I guess I left that out.  Sorry.  Yes, I did
have to remove the mechanical fan, anfd the crank extension.
I had the crank extension cut down by 2.5 inches, and the
connecting bolt also cut down and rethreaded.  Having the bolt
rethreaded was perhaps the most difficult part.

         I used the crank-extension out of another car, so that
I could always return to original if required.

Sorry about that.  I'll correct the web page.

        Shane Ingate, embarrassed in San Diego