Re: Fuel System Problem

To: Kiitsg@aol.com
Subject: Re: Fuel System Problem
From: fred thomas <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 10:02:09 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Kiitsg@aol.com wrote:

> My TR6 has had problems with fuel getting to the engine.  First thought was a
> clogged fuel filter.  Changed that.  Car ran, but stalled on the road.
> Changed the line, and the fuel pump, and it appeared to be fine.  Tuned up the
> car, and it appeared to run out of gas again.  Tried an electric fuel pump,
> and the problem has gone away.  After a second fuel pump in the car, I am
> confused.  Any suggestions why the pumps continue to fail, and the electric
> one works.
>
> Thanks for the suggestions in advance.

not sure this experience may be related to the problem you HAD, but this
just happened to our caravan back from Hudson, Wisc. with a T/R. When in
any stop & start traffic this "6" would just get a very quick vapor lock
due to the fuel lines being so close to the manifolds, let it cool down
and away we would go. Once we used cold water from the coolers and it did
the job. The vapor lock just stopped the flow of gas to the carb. and she
would just cut off, starved for gas, may be the same thing with yours.