(Fwd) Got a friend? This dude must not.

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: (Fwd) Got a friend? This dude must not.
From: "Brad Kahler" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1998 22:23:38 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Listers,

I just had to post this, I recieved it from the Chevy Trucks list.  Its
almost to stupid to believe.
==============================

When you're reading this, remember that we have our share of
rednecks in
the Pacific Northwest, too. And folks that don't belong out of a mental
hospital.

Also keep in mind this is a VERY small town. The road they are talking
about is one of the two major roads, but it is only one lane in each
direction.

DRIVERLESS CAR MAKES ESCAPE ATTEMPT
KLIPSAN - Sandridge road is steeped in traffic anomalies, and here's a
new
one.

Mid-day last Monday a man was headed from the Klipsan area south
on
Sandridge towing a car connected by a chain. That's not an unusual
sight
on the Peninsula. Many cars are in various stages of disrepair and
heading
for car doctors.

What made this scene unusual was that no one was in the towed car.
No one
was at the wheel.

Unfortunately - or fortunately for any passersby - the man and his two
cars didn't get far. The chain broke and the towed car careened off the
road into a power pole.

That wasn't how the man originally planned to stop the car. He
explained
to officers that his intentions were to stop the car first and let the
towed car hit his back bumper to stop.

Charges are pending.

-=-=-=-=-
Sigh. What a moron. If you read between the lines, he turned the
ignition
on until the steering wheel wasn't locked up. Eventually, the wheels
just
"locked" to one side, I'm sure. And he was probably using his dog's
chain
- or something too light.

Remember that this is on the coast, and this guy probably has an IQ
somewhere between a rock and a blender.

-ted
--
-=TED=-                             tedder@abcompsvc.com
                  My play area: http://www.abcompsvc.com

Brad  (Lincoln Nebraska 402-464-1502)

1964 Spitfire4           BFC25720L (In "Teething" Mode right now)
1966 TR4A               CT72398L (Waiting for garage space to start teardown)
1951 Dodge Truck    82217766  B-3-B-108 (Sheet metal going to body shop now)