Re: Nuts-N-Bolts-N-Torque Socket grades

To: Tony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: Nuts-N-Bolts-N-Torque Socket grades
From: Alan Myers <reagntsj@ricochet.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 1998 22:58:19 -0700
Cc: "INTERNET:triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
I can answer part of your questions.

The bolts with 6 hash marks are Grade 8, the highest grade and strongest
generally available.There are markings on the nuts, as well, but I'm not
sure how to describe them: a dot, a hash mark and a percent sign, sort
of. Ask at a hardware store for a sample. Grade 8 will handle the
highest torque.

The bolts with 3 hash marks are Grade 5. This is a moderately strong
bolt.

Bolts with no markings are ungraded and the weakest of the bunch, most
likely to fail under stress and can take the least torque.

--
MZ