RE: TR headlights

To: "'David Greed'" <greed@wave.co.nz>
Subject: RE: TR headlights
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 12:10:34 -0600
Cc: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Not to prolong this thread needlessly but...

This will of interest to those who have H4 lights on their cars (I have
Hellas on my TR6). I found real Xenon H4 bulbs at Wal-Mart last night. These
are not the "blue-tinted" lights we have been discussing recently but rather
a better form of the standard H4 Halogen bulb.

( Details available at <http://www.hella.co.nz/xenon.htm> )

The bulbs I bought were not Hella but rather Phillips, made in Germany
(stated right on the bulb base - brand Phillips Premium 55/60w). They were
packaged for a company called Ring in Leeds, UK. As I said, this was at
Wal-Mart and the price was $16 Canadian each. I bought two and installed
them last night.

Haven't had a chance to drive the car yet but looking at the difference when
I had one Xenon and one Halogen bulb installed, the light from the Xenon is
much, much whiter. It is pretty amazing how much whiter. I can't wait to see
how it looks while driving on a dark twisty road.

Presumably Wal-Marts everywhere have this product. If you have H4 lights,
these bulbs are worth a look IMO.

--- Peter Zaborski  CF58310UO  Calgary,Canada ---