Window channels TR6 TR4?

To: r-james@tamu.edu
Subject: Window channels TR6 TR4?
From: Brian Kemp <bk13@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 1998 09:04:08 -0700
Cc: Triumph list <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
> I need a part for my 67 TR-4A--a channel for the
> left-hand door window.  This is the channel that
> holds the lower edge of the window, and is driven
> up and down by the window regulator mechanism.  I think
> this part is interchangeable among all TR-4 and -4A models.
>
> Moss p/n 803-250
> (illustration 30, page 68 in Moss catalog TRI-07)

I replaced the channel section in my TR6 with a generic channel
section from Moss - 803-265, $7.95 each.  The TR4 catalog
suggests this part as an alternate for 803-275, replacement
felt.  Outside width is 1/2 inch, length is 18 inches.  I drilled
out the rivets from the old brackets and attached them to the new
channel.  Took about 60 minutes for both channels.  Works great
if your brackets are ok - Stopped the glass rattle.

Brian Kemp
72 TR6