Making a cent.

To: "triumph list" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Making a cent.
From: "David Hill" <David_J_Hill@email.msn.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 1998 20:30:39 +0100
Sorry, people, can't resist telling you about this.

Whilst inbetween reading for Postgrad Occupational Psych., leading to MSc,
I've got a little job.
'Classic Cars' gave me a ring and asked me to do it. I have to select cars
from their magazine ads, drive them and do a small article about each, with
a piccy or two.

Here's what I've done already......

1934 Chevrolet Sedan....Heavy, ghastly brakes but fun to drive and in nice
condition.
1974 BMW 280CE...Beautiful, you'd never guess it add done 100K+ miles.
1965 2000 Mk.1....In red, extremely nice paint, over cactus green. All
suspension rebuilt-made my PI feel really rough.
1979 Ferrari 308GTS....with injection, twin intercooled turbos, suspension
by Nigel Mansell but no body kit. About 415 BHP. Very, very fast over 5,500
rpm. Cheap at £28,500.
193-odd Austin 10...boring.
1964 Alfa Romeo Guilia Sprint...Big rebuild; snag was, it showed.
1981 Lotus Elite 501..Beautiful condition and drove well too. Crushed suede
interior was ugly.
1968 Cortina 2 Lotus...Slightly iffy body but great fun, especially on
bends.
1981 Camaro Auto...Straight six (4.1 lite) with auto and only 28,000 miles.
German built, Dinitroled from new. Felt like the Starship Enterprise to a UK
driver. How the hell did they do stunts in one of these?
!972 Herald 13/60...frayed but with only 26,000 miles on it, it drove like a
new one.

You might just see these pieces in the US. Hope you enjoy them.....

Regards,

Dave Hill