Re: Value of a TR3 - CA cars

To: koblinger@linkline.com, jmwagner@greenheart.com
Subject: Re: Value of a TR3 - CA cars
From: "Frank Crowe" <thecrowes@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Oct 1998 20:02:16 PDT
Cc: brgmgb@naplanet.net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Just a comment on California cars:  ran across a TR3A body  being worked
on, and found almost ZERO rust.  Found clue - car had a tall stack of
annual gate passes stuck to the bumper from Edward Air Force Base - the
car had spent most of its life in the middle of the Mojave Desert!
(They don't even know what water is.)

Thought about buying the car, but didn't have time or $$$ to work on
replacing all the interior, etc.  Instead I found a car from the San
Joaquin Valley which someone had already spent the time and bucks on
fixing all the big stuff, then parked it in his garage for eight years.

After reading all the comments about replacing rusted out sheetmetal,
etc., I am REALLY learning to appreciate the condition most of our true
California cars are in!

Frank Crowe, Carpinteria CA
'59 TR3A (my project)
'50's International Harvester Cub tractor (my wife's project)
'71 BMW 2002 (relegated to daily driver)