Re: TR6 Hardtop Question....

To: SHOMWAY@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR6 Hardtop Question....
From: "James H. Davis, Jr." <jhdavis@fiac.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 1998 00:12:42 -0400
Cc: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, COOBATIS@aol.com
Gordie,
A special boot cover came with hardtop cars for this purpose and are available
from TRF. Before mounting the hard top, remove the 5 bolts from the soft top
stiffening angle at the rear deck and the top front bolts from the soft top
mounting brackets at the "B" post. Longer bolts are needed to attach the hard
top
"B" post mounting bracket. Place the stiffening angle inside the the car on the
soft top. With the special boot cover, snaps are provided that attach to the
inside shelf  and "B" post of the hard top and cover the soft top in the normal
manner with snaps at the "B" post and the rear bulkhead panel.
It looks very neat when mounted this way in my opinion.
Jim Davis
Fortson, GA
CF38690UO
CF37325U