hoists

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: hoists
From: "Philip E. Barnes" <peb3@cornell.edu>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 1998 11:09:41 -0400
What I have done in my garage is make up a wooden beam over the car that is
part of the garage. To this is attached a length of "Unistrut" channel. The
channel is oriented to open downward and in it rides a Unistrut trolley.
The chain hoist is hooked to the trolley and can be translated back and
forth. This arrangement allows me to lift the engine from the car and then
move it over to the other side of the garage where I can lower it onto a
wheeled dolly. Works slick and I can remove and install the engine
single-handed.

Phil Barnes (peb3@cornell.edu)
'71 TR6  CC61193L (21 year owner)

Life is short; play dumb.