Re: Fuses

To: 105671.471@compuserve.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fuses
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 1998 16:17:05 EDT
In a message dated 98-10-05 16:07:36 EDT, 105671.471@compuserve.com writes:

>  I can tell you that here in the US of A when the manufacturer
>  rates
>  a fuse at 20 amps it means that it is guarrnteed to not blow at 20 amps and
>  it is
>  guaranteed to open at 40 amps and may or may not blow anywhere in between.

Dave,

Then that would mean that an American 35 amp fuse will blow some where between
35 and 70 amps! Scary! I just hope no one is running any of them in their
Triumphs, thinking they are equivalent to Lucas 35 amp fuses. The biggest wire
in a Triumph is not capable of handling 70 amps (excluding the battery cable);
very few are capable of handling even 35 amps.

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

                    http://www.sky.net/~boballen/mg/Masters/index.html
'68 MGBGT---organ donor for the '74