TR6 Fuel Pump

To: rcarley@uoguelph.ca
Subject: TR6 Fuel Pump
From: Art & Karen Graves <denseboy@bga.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 1998 21:27:09 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
You wrote:

It is an original pump, but the screw that holds the top on won't
tighten into the threads of the body.

----------
Robert,

This same thing happened to me. My first thought was to insert a heli-coil, but
while
waiting to pay, I noticed that the threads at the bottom of the hole were ok. I
then
decided to just buy a slightly longer cap screw (1/4 inch) and use it. Well, it
worked
great and saved me from a $40.00 heli-coil set and/or a new fuel pump.

Maybe this will work for you. Good luck!

Art Graves
1976 TR6
Austin, Texas