TR6: green hoses

To: Trmgafun@aol.com
Subject: TR6: green hoses
From: Rengrave@aol.com
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 00:14:55 EDT
Cc: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Trmgafun@aol.com wrote:

<<Jack,

If they are 24 years old, I'd replace them for sure.  Hoses tend to
deteriorate from the inside out.  I was planning on changing the hoses on my
'76 TR6 with the proper color scheme which I believe was green.  I think TRF
carries these.  Can anyone comment on the quality?

Scott Helms>>

I just installed a set of original type green hoses from TRF on my 73 TR6,
they look great with the original type clamps (which I recommend that you
paint with clear engine enamel to prevent rust). I also replaced them before,
about 13 years ago, before that the car had what looked like the original
hoses (swollen and cracked interior on the ends). I think TRF offers a very
good quality green hose set which is identical to the original, I always try
to keep my car looking as close to original spec as possible.

Wayne from Massachusetts
1973 TR6 Mallard/New Tan