TR6 Carb rebuild and adjust

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 Carb rebuild and adjust
From: Rengrave@aol.com
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 00:37:54 EDT
Hi listers,
I have just finished my first ZS carb rebuild on my 73 TR6 which I have owned
for 15 years now and have never touched the carbs. The car has always started
and ran with no trouble at all.
Now that I have reinstalled the rebuilt carbs back on and started the car, was
trying to synchronize the air flow, but the car died. I pulled the plugs and
noticed they were pretty black so I cleaned, checked gap and replaced, car
would not start, seemed to be flooding, middle two plugs were wet.

My question is this:
What are the recommended steps I should take to set air flow and fuel flow on
newly rebuilt carbs?
If you are supposed to set them at operating (warm) temp, how do I set my
carbs so I can start the car and get it up to operating temp in order to
synchronize air flow and set fuel mix. ?
I have a unisyn and carb adjust tool.
I also checked the spark on all the plugs, the spark looked weak, so I
purchased a set of new Bosch platinum plugs and I also have a new Lucas Sport
Coil ordered from TRF on its way to replace the original coil.

Any help on this matter is greatly appreciated.

Wayne from Massachusetts
1973 TR6 Mallard/New Tan