Re: TR6 Carb rebuild and adjust- Bosch platimium plugs

To: Rengrave@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR6 Carb rebuild and adjust- Bosch platimium plugs
From: Brian Kemp <bk13@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 1998 22:13:24 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
> I also checked the spark on all the plugs, the spark looked weak, so I
> purchased a set of new Bosch platinum plugs and I also have a new Lucas Sport
> Coil ordered from TRF on its way to replace the original coil.

I couldn't run the Bosch platinum plugs before my engine rebuild.  Unless you
have
a clean running engine, you may also have fouling problems because the
electrodes
are so small.  I talked to a Bosch rep at the Los Angeles Car show and he agreed
that they are not a good choice for cars burning oil.  He recommended their
super
copper (?) plug, which will fire under just about any condition.

Brian Kemp
72 TR6