RE: True or False aka John D's $.02

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: True or False aka John D's $.02
From: john donohoe <gt6driver@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 07:30:38 -0700 (PDT)
FWIW,

My '91 CHEVY Celebrity Eurosport was built in QEBEC, ran mechanically
untouched for 135,000 miles and sold for twice its blue book price...

My '96 FORD Explorer 4dr was built in MEXICO, has about 40,000 on it,
and has had some warrantied repairs...

My '93 HONDA Civic 4dr was built in OHIO, gets twice the gas mileage
of either of the above, bone stock on road tires beats my friend's
Rabbit GTI at the autocrosses (okay-could be the driver!), and I drove
the kids to school in it today then drove to work comfortably down
I-96 at 85 mph...

My '70 Triumph GT6+ was built in ENGLAND, and has had more time and
skinned knuckles invested in it than any car I've ever owned (and
certainly more money after initial purchase), but I love it and I
can't buy a new car that gives me the pure excitement in driving and
pleasure in maintaining that this one does.

In my life, other cars (besides Triumphs) are useful, even needed, but
they'll come and go. I will never have a relationship with another car
like I have with my GT6+.

You figure it out!

"...and that's all I have to say about that."

Thanks for listening
John Donohoe
'70 GT6+ (muffler back on, gearbox cover tonight!)
'70 GT6+ (future Sixfire)