Wiring

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Wiring
From: Bob Jones <JONES_M2@popmail.firn.edu>
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 1998 18:30:10 -0500
Hay you'al:
Please help me with this one.  All TR6 wiring diagrams show a single
wire leading to the positive terminal of the coil.  On my 74 it is coded
white with yellow.  On earlier models it may be of a different colour.
However on at least the 73 and 74's there is also a red wire with a
cloth cover.  It doesn't show up in any of the wiring diagrams.  In the
standard Lucas colour coding the red wires are lights. What is this
thing and what does it do?  If it is the resister wire the wiring
diagram is wrong.
Bob